1. In this Report, “Ansaldo STS” and “Group” refer to all companies included in the 2014 consolidation scope, while Ansaldo STS S.p.A. refers to the Parent.
Integrated system solutions
All over the world, Ansaldo STS assists its customers to design and develop reliable and sustainable solutions for rail transportation networks, making urban mobility more efficient and safe and contributing to resolving the problems caused by the growth and concentration of the urban population.
From passenger to freight transportation networks, from urban to high speed or conventional interurban and cross border transport, Ansaldo STS designs and uses cutting edge technology to meet operators’ requirements and optimise service regardless of traffic density and complexity. Ansaldo STS has left its mark on the railway sector by using state-of-theart technologies for large projects, such as:
- ERTMS / ETCS technologies, adopted to make high speed lines safer and more interoperable
- Satellite positioning technology for the effective and safe management of railway traffic Driverless and unmanned solutions for better operating efficiency and flexibility and to cut operating and maintenance costs
- CBTC signalling technologies to improve service using the distancing logic based on moving blocks
- Catenary-free, the tram technology (TramWave®) to protect the environment and historical city centres
- Large component portfolio, which includes all signalling aspects and system solutions (such as switch machines, signals, level crossings, relays, etc.)
- CBTC (Communication-based train control) Metro.